Obtaining a Mortgage Under the New Stress Test Rules
The new stress test means that when you’re buying a home it will have a direct effect on how much you can afford. Essentially, buyers are tested on their ability to afford mortgage payments at higher interest rates. They must prove to lenders that they can afford to carry a mortgage should the interest rates increase in the future.
Let me help you through this process and plan towards buying your home whether it is now, or in 6 months to a year.
Call me at 647.406.6508 or email me at email@example.com and let's chat.
- What the new Canadian mortgage rules really mean for homebuyers
- Recently Married and Buying a Home? We’ve got some helpful tips!
- Banks vs. Mortgage Brokers
- Refinancing Your Home
- How Important is your Credit Score?
- Financing for the Self-Employed
- Fixed Rate Vs. Variable Rate Mortgage
- Getting a Mortgage Pre-Approval