Financing for the Self-Employed
Although the financing rules for self-employed individuals have changed in the last few years, the good news is that obtaining a mortgage has actually never been easier!
The issue many self-employed individuals face is that the 6 big banks can no longer provide financing to someone who is self-employed unless their income is confirmable. However, the range of lenders we deal with provide programs designed for self-employed borrowers who cannot provide traditional income verification vs. a salaried individual.
In order to ensure a good mortgage rate for a self-employed individual or couple, it's necessary to have a 2 year history of managing credit and finances responsibly and to show that your business has operated for at least 2 years.
We're happy to explain any of these issues in greater detail and help make the process smoother. Give us a call and we can simplify purchasing a home!
- What the new Canadian mortgage rules really mean for homebuyers
- Recently Married and Buying a Home? We’ve got some helpful tips!
- Banks vs. Mortgage Brokers
- Refinancing Your Home
- How Important is your Credit Score?
- Financing for the Self-Employed
- Fixed Rate Vs. Variable Rate Mortgage
- Getting a Mortgage Pre-Approval